ZERO BALANCE SAVING ACCOUNT OPENING FEDERAL BANK: Federal Bank brings a new offer of opening a bank account just by taking a Selfie on your mobile which is called FedBookSelfie Zero Balance Account. The interesting feature of this account is that this is a Zero Balance Account. This implies that customers need not maintain any minimum balance in this account to ensure its continued activation.
You can open a Savings account through the mobile app i.e. FedBook app, using your Aadhaar and PAN Card with some easy steps. Upon completing the steps, customers will be immediately issued a real-time account number which will be fully valid. Currently, the facility of the FedBook Selfie Account is offered to resident individuals who use Android or Apple smartphones.
The key features of Zero Balance Saving Account – FedBookSelfie Account
- Quick Account opening
- Instant generation of Account Number
- FedBook app is a highly secured App with online validation of KYC documents
- The app can be downloaded free of charge.
- It is completely a ‘Zero Balance’ account. No need to maintain any minimum balance.
- You will be provided with a monthly account statement via email, free of charge.
- You will be provided with a cheque book of 10 cheque leaves per year, free of charge.
- You will receive a free SMS alert and free Email alert for all account transactions.
- Free internet and mobile banking facility are also available.
To open a FedBookSelfieZero Balance Account, follow the steps given below.
- Download the FedBook app from Google Play Store or App Store for your Android or iOS device respectively.
- Open the app
- Click New User /Create New / Register
- Enter your email id and mobile number.
- Now choose your branch and your salary. If your branch name or city is not in the list just select ‘other’.
- Then take your selfie picture and upload it.
- Also, scan your Aadhaar Card and your PAN Card.
- Your account has been created. Now you will receive your account number real-time and FedbookSelfie app will be your very digital passbook.
Now you will get a call from customer care asking you to choose your branch. And you will receive a temporary IFSC code using which you can transfer up to Rs.10000 to the newly created account. The bank will provide you a period of 30 days. Within the time period, you should submit a passport size photo and a copy of your Aadhaar to the branch where you want your account to be maintained and fill ‘Selfie Account Form’. Within one week you will receive the net banking password, ATM card and cheque book to your home.