WhatsApp, the most loving social media platform in this world. Most of the users spending a minimum few minutes in a day on WhatsApp, some people spending hours. It has lots of attractive features that hold peoples on WhatsApp. WhatsApp introduces all its features in a user-friendly manner. And WhatsApp users trusted it more than all other social media applications. WhatsApp end to end encrypted feature is the main factor of the user’s trust. But WhatsApp does not have a screen lock feature. Some months back WhatsApp rolled out FaceID or TouchID feature for iOS as a part of security. But it not available for Android users. And now WhatsApp introduced fingerprint unlock feature for Android users. Today here I’m providing how to enable the WhatsApp Fingerprint feature and use it.
I know, Lots of Android users using third-party app locker for locking their WhatsApp application. But it’s not fair. Now you can remove that kind of app locker apps from your device. Just enable WhatsApp fingerprint feature and stay safe.
How to enable WhatsApp fingerprint feature
- WhatsApp fingerprint feature is now available for Android users.
- Open your WhatsApp app on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon ( three-dotted WhatsApp menu icon) placed at the top right corner of the app.
- Tap on settings to move settings options.
- Tap Accounts, here you have the option for privacy.
- Tap on the Privacy option, move to the bottom of the app. Here you can see the Fingerprint Lock option.
- Tap on Fingerprint lock, it will open the fingerprint lock settings page.
- Here you have the option to enable fingerprint lock. Here you have 3 main options for automatically lock immediately, After 1 minute and After 30 minutes.
- Choose immediately for the immediate lock. If you tap to select After 1 minute, your WhatsApp will be locked after 1-minute inactivity. Or if you choose After 30 minutes for automatically lock, your WhatsApp will be locked after 30-minutes of inactivity.
- You can also prevent Whatsapp messages showing in the notification bar.
- In the case of WhatsApp calls, you can still answer calls even if WhatsApp is locked.