Transfer IRCTC Train Ticket: Among the World railway networks, Indian Railway is the fourth largest railway networks by size. There are millions of people are used Indian railway for long travel as well as normal travel. In some situations that, If you are holding a confirmed reservation ticket and for some reasons, you cannot travel, at that time you can transfer it to another person or your family member. Indian Railway provides a facility for this. But most of the people are unaware of it. This article gives details about it.
Indian Railways allows passengers having a confirmed train ticket to transfer it to another passenger in case they are not able to travel. But, this facility is available in some specific situations and at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. Railway ticket’s transfer request can be made only once and also in case of a group the ticket transfer is possible for 10 percent of the tickets only. According to Indian Railways’ official website, under five situations transfer of a confirmed train ticket is allowed. That is:
- A person can transfer the confirmed ticket to his/her family members such as father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife.
- If the passengers are students of a recognized educational institution and the head of the institution makes a request in writing 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, then the reservation made in the name of any student can be transferred to any other student of the same institute.
- If the passenger is a government servant, can also be transferred to another government servant traveling on duty, at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
- If the passengers are members of a marriage party, can even be transferred to other members of the marriage party, if the head of such a party makes a request at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
- If the passengers are a group of cadets of National Cadet Corps and any officer who is the head of the group, makes a request in writing at least 24 hours before the departure of the train that the reservation made in the name of any cadet be transferred to any other cadet.
Also Read: How to Setup Google Pay
The Criteria For IRCTC Train Ticket Transfer
The Indian Railway allows the transfer of train ticket is possible for tickets booked both online and offline. The person who wants to transfer the ticket must approach the station manager / chief reservation supervisor and submit the application for the ticket transfer. The passenger should bring the ‘electronic reservation slip’ print out along with photo identity card proof in original and a proof for blood relation with the new passenger like ration card, voter ID card, bank passbook etc.