Live Train Running Status helps people check the Train Status Live / Train Running time Status in Real Time. It also allows the passengers to know the arrival time of the train as well as its schedules and delay status and several other information. Currently there a number of train status app and websites are available for checking Live Train Running Status. Google is now bringing all these features in Google Maps.
Google has been actively adding new features for Google Maps in India. It recently added three new features for Google Maps users in India. They include Real-Time Bus Travel Information, Live Train Running Status and Mixed-Mode Navigation with the auto-rickshaw recommendation.
With the Live Train Running Status, Google Maps will help you know when your train will arrive at a certain destination by indicating the real-time status. You can search for your starting location and destination to see a list of trains that you can take between the two locations. From there, you could easily be able to see the real-time status of the track and whether any of the trains have been delayed, all inside Google Maps.
This feature was actually developed in collaboration with the ‘Where is my Train’ app that was acquired by Google last year. This feature will work only in case of a long distance train journey.
You can use Google Maps as a live train status app. To check the Live Train Status using Google Maps, you must have an active Google account and working internet connectivity. Then follow the steps given below to know the Live Train Running Status.
- Download and install the latest version of Google Maps from the Play Store or App store for your Android and iOS devices respectively.
- Open Google Maps.
- In the search bar present at the top of the page, enter your destination train station.
- Now, tap on the ‘Direction’ button from the bottom of the screen.
- You will be able to see a ‘Train’ icon placed in between the ‘Two-wheeler’ and ‘Walk’ icon below the source and the destination dialogue box. Tap on the ‘Train’ icon.
- Click on the route option that has a train icon in it.
Now click on the train name to check the live train status.