Setup Google Pay: In this Smartphone era, there are a lot of online money transaction applications are available, which makes our life much easier. All these are basically a digital payment system, through which, we can simply send and receive money to anyone using a mobile. Google Pay is one such amazing digital payment application by the technology giant, Google. The app is formerly known as Google Tez, is an app that allows users to make or receive UPI payments using their phone number. The app is very simple to use and allows you to store your financial information like credit, debit, gift, and reward cards that you can in future make online payments. You can do online shopping, mobile recharge and a lot more purpose in no time with Google Pay. You can also make the payments either by contactless payment to any grocery shop or pay using the phone number of the receiver.
Google Pay works with all banks in India that support BHIM UPI. The app provides high security for the transaction. Each transaction is secured with your UPI PIN, and you can safeguard your account with a device lock method such as your fingerprint. For creating an account with Google Pay, you should have the following things:
- A bank account
- The mobile number that must be registered with your bank account
- Have an ATM or debit card
How To Set up a Google Pay Account
These are the steps to open an account in Google Pay.
- Download the Google Pay app from the Google Play Store
- Open the app and select your preferred language
- Then tap on the arrow placed in the right corner
- Next, enter your phone number registered with the bank account
- Then allow the necessary permissions
- Login into the Google account and click continue
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your mobile number, let the app access it manually.
- After that, you have to choose the screen lock or you can create a Google pin. Select the option and click on ‘Continue’.
- Set up your Google screen lock or pin
- Now your Google Pay account has been created. Next, you have to link your bank account in order to make money transactions easily.
How To Register Bank Account in Google Pay
After completing the initial steps, you have to add your bank details. For this do the following steps:
- Open the app
- Then tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap on Add Bank Account
- Then, choose your ‘Bank name’ from the list
- Next, you have to enter the UPI PIN if you have or else you can create a new one
- Then you have to enter your last 6 digits of your ATM or debit card with the expiry date
- Wait for the verification process to complete
- Once done, you are ready to use the app
How To Make Money Transaction in Google Pay
For making money transaction using Google Pay, just follow the steps:
- Open Google Pay
- Then tap on New
- Select any contact that you want to send the money
- Tap on Pay
- Enter the amount
- Then tap on Proceed to pay
- Enter your UPI PIN to complete the transaction
- When the money has been transferred, you’ll receive a notification.
With Google Pay, you can recharge your mobile, bill payments such as electricity, gas, landline, water, insurance and more. Google Pay provides some kinds of rewards with eligible transactions. The rewards go straight into your bank account.