Google Map is one of the most reliable sources of navigation. It is a globally popular app for Android as well as iPhone users. Through Google Maps, users can easily go from one location to the other with ease. It provides the traffic and multiple routes available to your destination. Among them, Google Map also provides other features like save your usual locations, set multiple stops, find a gas station, add a missing place, one-finger zooming etc. It allows you to measure the distance between two and multiple destinations. Measuring the shortest distance between multiple destinations will not only help you save time but you will save petrol or diesel. With the rising cost of petrol and diesel prices, this feature is very helpful. This article provides the steps to find the shortest distance that save your time as well as the fuel.
Steps to find the distance between locations on mobile
Steps to find the distance between locations on Desktop
These are the steps that allow you to find the distance between locations on the desktop.
- First of all, open Google Maps in the web browser on your computer
- Then, zoom into the starting point and then right-click on it
- Next, select ‘Measure’ distance from the drop-down menu
- After that, then click on the second location you want to measure the distance between them
- For measuring the distance between multiple points then you can click on all those locations
- Then, you have to drag a point to adjust it to map distance
- Now, Google Maps will show you the distance between the locations at the bottom of the page
Steps to find the distance between locations on
These are the steps that allow you to find the distance between locations on Android as well as IOS smartphones.
- Open the Google Maps app on your device
- Then, Now locate the first point and mark it with a red pin
- Then, at the bottom of the map tap the name of the place
- Now from the pop-up menu select the Measure distance
- Next, you have to drag the map so that the black circle is on the next point you want to add
- You can add multiple points in the app also by clicking on Add + option
- Now, the total distance in miles or kilometers displayed at the bottom
Google Map also provides the feature of finding gas prices. For getting this just follow the below steps:
- First of all, open Google Map on your device
- Then create a route
- Then, tap on the magnifying glass icon on the right side of the navigation screen
- Next, tap on the Gas stations from the list
- Now you can see all the nearby gas stations that fall on your designated route. By zooming into the map, you can find the different gas stations and their distance from your current location also
- To find gas prices of the stations that fall in your route, tap on the red icon that highlights the name of the gas station.
- Once you have found the right gas station, tap on “Navigate” to head over there from your current location. you can find gas prices in Google Maps of most stations, information on some gas stations may be unavailable.