Safe Online Banking Tips: In this digital era, we all change our mode of transactions from offline to online. That’s really a great advantage, we can transact within a minute. India’s government is trying to make every Indian citizen is a part of the digitalized India movement. Increased use of smartphones is the major thing that helps people to step up with the move of Digital India.
Nowadays, lots of people using online banking services. It’s really a great thing because it made easy our job. But at this time, we should take care of our banking credentials from others. And also take some security measures to secure our online transactions. Today here I’m sharing some Safe Online Banking tips to keep secure your account. Let’s go for detail.
Useful Tips for Safe Online Banking
Here, I will provide you with some easy and useful tips to make secure your online transactions.
1. Password Protection:
- We should set different passwords for different accounts: Usually, we will set a password for all of our accounts like net banking, social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, personal Gmail account and more. Never create the same password for all accounts.
- The password should be lengthy and strong: Use the combination of Capital and small letters, numbers, symbols, etc in your passwords.
- Change Passwords of Netbanking/Mobile banking account on a regular basis. And never share your passwords with anyone and don’t save the passwords with an open document or like that.
2. Don’t Save your banking credentials on any websites.: Usually, people save their credit card/ Debit card information at online shopping websites. But it, not a good sign, because there are the chances to get access to others in your account.
Also Read: How to use Google Assistant in Malayalam
3. Check the Websites is SSL verified: Never enter your banking information at any unsecured websites. SSL verified websites are secure, you can check a website is SSL verified. If a website is SSL verified, you can see a lock icon at the left side of the address bar. When you click on the lock icon, it will show you the website connection is secure or not. Also, access your bank website only by typing the URL in your browser address bar.
4. Update your OS: If you are using mobile banking services, just note it. Android phones regularly show some updates and that will fix security patches. So the updates will help you more secure online experience.
5. Use Antivirus Softwares: If you are using internet banking in your computer, just use any good Antivirus software for safe browsing.
6. Monitor your account regularly: Set an SMS alert to your registered mobile number to get an instant alert if any transaction made on your bank account. Also, check your bank account on a regular basis.
7. Never Use Public Wifi for accessing net banking: The Wifi providers can access our information, we can’t trust all public available wifi hotspots. So never access your bank account by using a wifi connection.
8. Don’t Access your Netbanking accounts by using a public computer.
9. Don’t save your Debit card/ Credit card images and also never share it with anyone.
10. Never share your banking information with anyone. You may get some fake phone calls or emails to catch your account information. The authorized banks never call you for this kind of information.
11. Always use the mobile banking app/ net banking services provided by the authorized bank. And stop the use of any third-party applications.