RBI Confirms: Rs 200 note in India will be issued tomorrow.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) confirms that the new Rs 200 note will be issued tomorrow. The Rs 200 note is issued first-time in India. The Rs 200 note in India is likely to clear the deficiency of small currency denomination notes that we have faced a currency deficiency after the demonetization of old 500 and 1000 notes and release of Rs 2000. So we can say that the Rs 200 note is really helpful for making day to day transactions of people. This Rs 200 note is designed well and also it takes all security
The Reserve Bank of India, on Thursday( August 24, 2017), announced that “The Reserve Bank of India will issue Rs 200 notes on August 25, Rs 200 denomination notes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, RBI Governor,” RBI said in a release.
“Introduction of a new currency denomination and design is done keeping in consideration various factors like ease of transactions for the common man, replacement of soiled banknotes, inflation and the need for combating counterfeiting,” the RBI said.
“The new denomination has Motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse. The base color of the note is Bright Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall color scheme, both at the obverse and reverse,” RBI said.
The new Rs 200 note will be issued from “select RBI offices, and some banks” from Friday, August 25. But it does not available at ATM counters on Friday. Because the machines need the capability to do the 200 rupees transaction. Because the dimension of this new 200 rupees currency differs from other currencies available in ATM counters like 100, 500, 2000. After the configuration settings and testing the Rs 200 note will be available in all ATM machines.
We all know that in the last month, the images of the new Rs 200 denomination note was hit in social media. People are waiting for this announcement from Reserve Bank of India. We heard lots of real and fake news about currencies in social media’s after the currency demonetization was done by our prime minister Narendra Modi on November 8, 2016. It was a big shock for every people in India. And also introduce new Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes. And now RBI issues Rs 200 notes.
Features of New Rs 200 Note listed below.
- The new Rs 200 in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, RBI Governor.
- The Dimension of the Rs 200 note will be 66 mm height and 146 mm width.
- Denominational numeral २०० is in Devanagari script
- The Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi placed at the center of the currency.
- At the right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, the Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem are placed.
- Ashoka Pillar emblem placed on the right side of the note.
- Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, Rs 200 in color changing ink (green to blue) on the bottom right.
- The Rs 200 having Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (200) watermarks.
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side
- The Year of printing of the note marked on the left side of the note.
- Swachh Bharat logo with slogan placed.
- Having a great language panel.
- The motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse.
For more information about Rs 200 note please read go through this link Source: The Economic Times.