How to Recover WhatsApp chat: Are you like WhatsApp tips and tricks? Usually WhatsApp users searching for the latest WhatsApp tips and tricks on Google. And Google will provide the most relevant web pages link for this topic. WhatsApp is a popular messenger application, we all know that. Lots of people using the WhatsApp business app as well. We are using WhatsApp for official and personal dealings. It is really a user-friendly application as well as secure. WhatsApp providing lots of good features. Delete is one of the most important features of WhatsApp. But sometimes we may accidentally delete some data from WhatsApp. Today here I’m sharing the tips to recover WhatsApp deleted chats.
How to Recover WhatsApp Chats
WhatsApp providing data backup options. We can easily recover WhatsApp chats with the backup file. We can backup WhatsApp contents to cloud storage like Google Drive. At the time of WhatsApp installation, it will ask you to enable the WhatsApp backup option. Some people not using this feature because they fear that, it may affect privacy. But every midnight ( 2 AM ), WhatsApp saving a backup file to our local storage. You can find it under the WhatsApp folder. If you want to restore WhatsApp chat and recover the messages, you should need a backup file.
To turn on chat backup, open WhatsApp, go to Settings > go to Chats > tap on Chat backup. Here, you can set up the frequency of your chat backup between never, daily, weekly or monthly, or you can even do a manual backup as well.
When you uninstall your app and reinstalling it, the app will restore the contents from the last backup file stored on your device or from the cloud backup file. You can restore content with this technique. But it may lose some recent messages. Because it restoring chat with the last backup file. That may not contain the recent contents.
Let’s know how to Recover WhatsApp chats with the local backup file
- If you are an Android user, you can restore deleted WhatsApp chats from the local backup easily.
- For that, go to your phone’s File Manager App. Then go to the WhatsApp folder > Database. The Database folder contains all the WhatsApp backup files that are stored locally on your phone.
- Here you can see lots of files with the format msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12. Select the most recent backup file and you need to rename it so as to prevent it from being overwritten. So rename the file to msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12.
- If you have Google Drive backup, open the Google Drive on your smartphone, tap the hamburger icon (the three vertical lines) > Backups. Now delete the WhatsApp backup there. Then your phone only has the local backup file, so the phone automatically selects the local file to restore instead of google backup.
- Then, uninstall WhatsApp and then reinstall it. Set it up and once done, you will get a prompt to restore chats from a local backup.
Tap on Restore and that’s it. You’ll get your deleted chats back.
With this method, you can also backup old chats as well.