Recover Lost Data From PC/Laptop: Usually, people store and save their data like photos, videos, and other documents on laptop/PC. Most of the people have faced the situation such as they lost their important data on a laptop. This may be by deleting such files accidentally, or due to formatting errors, due to hard disk or OS crashes, or virus attack or other reasons. But you can recover those lost data. Windows provides a built-in feature for this purpose. There are also several third-party applications are available to recover data. But most of the people are unaware of it. This article gives the guidelines to recover lost data from PC or laptop.
Method 1: Recover Data From Recycle Bin
Normally the deleted files on laptop/pc are moved to temporary storage named Recycle Bin. Where the deleted files are stored for 30 days and then get removed automatically. So within the 30 days, you can restore the files from there. For this follow the steps:
- Open Recycle Bin on your laptop/pc
- Then right-click on the files that you want to restore
- Then click on Restore option
- Likewise, you can restore all deleted files to their original location
Method 2: Recover Files from Backup
If you have a Windows backup, you can restore the deleted files from there. For this do the following:
- Open Control Panel
- Then go to System and Maintenance
- Then click on Backup and Restore
- Next tap on Restore my files
- Then click on Browse for files/folders
- Then select a place to save your file
Method 3: Using Third-party applications
There are several applications are available to recover the deleted data on laptop or pc. Here provide the best two such applications named EaseUs and Recuva.
EaseUs is one of the best data recovery software that integrated with the Windows file system. It is very user-friendly and easy to operate. Unlike a basic recycle bin this software enables you to recover files removed to it even after it gets emptied. These are the steps to restore data on a laptop using EaseUs.
- First of all download and install EaseUs software on your laptop or pc
- Then select the drive or folder where the file was
- Then select the format you want to recover
- Then click on scan button
- Once the software has completed the scanning process, select all the files and save it to PC.
ReclaiMe is simple software that enables you to recover the deleted data from PC. It offers recovery wizard. You have to specify file type, the location where you expect them to be found and other parameters helpful in finding your deleted data. These are the steps to restore data on a laptop using ReclaiMe.
- First of download and install the software
- Then select the drive as a target for data recovery
- Click on the Start button and wait till the software brings the data
- Then check the quality of recovery by previewing the files
- Select the file or folder you want to recover and click save