Public Wi-fi Security Risk and Tricks for avoiding the Risk
Everyone using public wi-fi, but you know one thing? some of the public wi-fi’s are harmful to our devices. It can access our data’s and files. So you should care when you try to connect to a wi-fi network next time. Today the free public wi-fi availability is increased. At the same time increased the risk while using public wi-fi. Many of the peoples are not aware of this risk. The wi-fi network is available everywhere like coffee shops, restaurants, Airports, Shops etc. But there are also having risks while connecting to its public wi-fi hotspot.
A public network that has no login credentials we can tell as it is an unsecured network. Two types of unsecured networks are existing. One is ad-hoc network and another one is traditional access point network. An ad-hoc network has no router device. The ad-hoc network is made the connection with devices each other. For example, you are connected to a device that created a hotspot. But the traditional access point network having a router device. The risk is that, when you connecting to a device, that can access everything in your device.
So you must take some security measures before connecting to a public network.
- You don’t try to log in to your online banking or shopping or like paytm services, Because they can access your login credentials like customer number, password etc.
- If you use windows laptop just turn on the firewall option or antivirus at the time of using public wi-fi.
- Don’t share files or any sensitive data while connecting to a wi-fi network.
- Keep your wi-fi turn off when you need it.
- Enable two-factor authentication for your accounts.
- You should use a VPN(Virtual private network) service to create security layers. So it can prevent access your data.
- Use SSL Connections to add a layer of encryption to your communication also. You just enable the “Always Use HTTPS” option for the websites that you visit regularly or some important website that requires you to enter login credentials like net banking etc.