How to Protect USB drive with Passwords
Data protection is very important for now. Because nowadays all of our confidential data are kept in digital formats. Daily we all searching for Mobile data security apps, security apps for computer etc. We commonly using USB pen drive for storing digital data. So many good and useful pen drives available in the market also. The quality pen drives keep your data longer, but if you want data protection, you should make a password lock for your data. Today, in this article I will explain how to protect USB drive with Passwords.
Why we use USB drives because it is small and portable so we can handle it easily. And also there is a higher chance to lose it because of its small size. So we should need to keep it securely. But you can’t simply make a password protection for your USB drive as do for smartphone or PC. So you need to use some tools for protecting your data stored on a USB drive. If your device has a huge number of files and only limited files need protection, you can simply make a password for that particular files. Many applications like Word and Excel, allow you to save files with a password. Otherwise, you need to use some tools to achieve the data protection.
Protect USB Drive With Password Using BitLock
- First of all, you should Install and enable BitLocker for the USB drive.
- Just insert the USB Pendrive into your computer. And then right click on the drive and select Turn on BitLocker.
- Then click on Use password to protect the drive. and enter the password you want to set for the drive.
- Then click the next button and print or save the key for future reference.
- After completing these process, the encryption process will start and your drive will get secured with the password that you have set.
Protect USB drive With Password Using Wondershare
- Install the Wondershare USB Drive Encryption software in your computer.
- Open the software and insert the pen drive into your computer.
- Then, select your drive in the program and select the amount as complete to fully secure your drive. And click on install button.
- In the next step, you need to enter the username and password that you want to set for your USB Pen drive.