Whatsapp is nowadays one of the most popular messaging applications. Because of its user-friendly platform and its rising popularity, WhatsApp today is being used by people irrespective of their age difference. This application allows you to send and receive text messages as well as a bulk of media files like images, video and audio files, documents, etc. You can even make voice calls and video calls on WhatsApp. This application helps you to connect with people from any part of the world just by having a smartphone and an internet connection.
As the usage of this application has increased, the text messages and media we are receiving per day has also increased. However, the chance of these media files for eating up your phone’s memory is very high. If the settings are set to default, all the media you receive on your WhatsApp are downloaded into your phone’s gallery. Thereby ending up shortening your phone’s storage space. But this problem can be solved easily in no time.
If you are an Android user follow the steps given below in order to prevent media files that you receive within your app from getting saved in your phone,s gallery so that you can save your phone’s memory space from being eaten.
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap on three dots on the top right corner
- Go to settings
- Select chat option
- Toggle off the media visibility option.
If you are an iPhone user you can also save your phone’s memory by following the below steps.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on settings.
- Tap on Data and Storage Usage option.
- Choose the files you want to be downloaded into your gallery.
- Tap on each type of media and choose never Wifi or Wifi and cellular.
But if you don’t wish to turn this feature off for all your groups and chats you can even turn it off for specific chats or groups.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Open chat window of the individual or group where you want to turn it off.
- Tap on the contact.
- Tap on media visibility.
- The app will now ask you “Show newly downloaded media from this chat in your phone’s gallery?” Tap on No.