WhatsApp is one of the most popular social media platforms with more than one billion active users.WhatsApp has its wide popularity because of its regularly updated features. WhatsApp’s very new feature lets you stop others from adding you to random groups without your consent. With this new feature, you can either stop everyone from adding you or you can just let things go as they are and allow everyone to add you. Previously, the only way to prevent adding WhatsApp group was to block the group’s admin. Now, the power is in your hands.
WhatsApp has already started its privacy settings like labeling messages that are forwarded. It has also placed limits on message forwarding. And now it is bringing up new privacy settings for groups. If you are annoyed by people adding you in random WhatsApp groups, then you can prevent them from doing so with this amazing new feature of WhatsApp.
Whatsapp Official Website
In order to avail the new feature, firstly you have to update WhatsApp. Then,
Follow the below steps to prevent adding WhatsApp group
- Open WhatsApp, tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Now tap Privacy.
- Tap on Groups. Now you will be given three options ie; Everyone, My contacts, or Nobody.
- ‘Everyone’ means anyone on WhatsApp can add you to a group no matter if you want to be in that group or not. This setting keeps things as they are now.
- ‘My Contacts’ gives anyone whose number who have saved in your phone’s address book the ability to add you to a group without an invitation.
- ‘Nobody’ means no one will be able to add you to a group automatically.
- Select any one of the three options.
- Tap Done.
If you wish to have complete privacy, you have to choose the option ‘Nobody’. Even if you set your group privacy settings to ‘Nobody’ you will still be able to join groups. If ‘Nobody’ is set, the group’s creator can send you a link in private message asking you to join the group. You have to click on this link within 72 hours in order to join the group. Otherwise, you can leave it as such.