Pravasi Welfare Board Provides Pension schemes
The Kerala Non-Resident Keralites Welfare Board take a good initiative to set up a welfare fund to provide welfare schemes to Non-Resident Keralites. In India, Kerala is the first and only one state providing this kind of service for the people. The Kerala State Government realizing the struggle of middle-class Non-Resident Keralites and forms Non-Resident Keralites Welfare Board. The Pravasi Welfare Board Provides welfare schemes like Pension schemes.
We all know that a large number of people are living outside India. And most of the peoples are in Gulf Countries and they belong to lower or middle-income group. Why they are going Abroad is because of the financial crisis in their life. We all have a big dream in our life, some of them are achieving it and others are helpful to achieve their loved one’s dreams. Most of Pravasi are like that, they sacrificed their life to fulfill the dreams of their loved ones. We heard lots of sad stories about Expat. When they working at Abroad they send their savings amount to their home. After they return to their homeland, most of them have much savings for their future. For considering these people, Our Kerala Government formed a special department called NORKA for welfare functions of Non-Resident Keralites.
History of Kerala Non-Resident Keralites Welfare Board
Kerala Non-Resident Keralites Welfare Board came into existence under the Kerala Non-Resident Keralites’ Welfare Act, 2008 passed in the Legislative Assembly, Government of Kerala. More than eighty-five thousand NRKs are members in the welfare fund. NRKs abroad but now returned to India for permanent settlement after at least two years of foreign employment, can also avail membership in this Welfare Fund.
NRK provides lots of welfare schemes such as pension schemes, family pension schemes, medical aid, death assistance, etc for The NRK’s members.
Let’s see the list of Pravasi Welfare benefits
- Pension Scheme
- Family Pension Scheme
- Pension Scheme for Invalids
- Scheme for financial assistance to dependents of a deceased member
- Scheme for Financial Assistance for Medical Treatment
- Accident cum Death and Health Insurance Scheme
- Scheme for Assistance to Marriage
- Scheme for Payment of Financial Assistance for Maternity
- Scheme for Payment of Educational Grant
- Scheme for Payment of Loan for Housing & Self Employment
Click here to know more about Welfare schemes.
How to Register on Pravasi Welfare Fund
- Visit Pravasi Welfare official Website by Click Here
- We can see four buttons on the left side of the homepage.
- The first button for Online Registration, Other three buttons are named in the Malayalam language, for know the benefits, Registration Instructions, Application forms respectively.
- Click on the button for Registration Instructions and read the instructions carefully.
- All instructions are explained in the Malayalam language. So all Keralites can easily find what are the requirements for registering with NRK.
- After reading the Instruction, then back to the home page and click on the link Online Registration.
- You can see a new page with some relevant links for online services.
- Click on the second link for Online Registration.
- Then you can see the Registration form, fill all the fields with genuine data.
- Upload your photo and signature also.
- You should pay some amount as registration fee at the time of registration. And they mentioned as non-refundable.