What About NORKA
You should know what is NORKA and NORKA roots before you apply for this scheme. The NORKA stands for Non Resident Keralites Affairs, it is a department of the Government of Kerala formed on 6 December 1996 to redress the grievances of Non-Resident Keralites. This kind of a department is formed in India is the first time. The department was formed in an attempt to strengthen the relationship between the NRks and the Government of Kerala and to institutionalise the administrative framework. The NORKA Roots is the field agency of NORKA, is formed in 2002 to act as an interface between the NRKs and the Kerala Government. NORKA Roots also act as a forum for addressing the NRKs problem, it helps nonresidents Keralites for addressing their problems, safeguarding their rights and rehabilitating the returnees. Now, NORKA Roots introduced a new loan for return emigrants.
Loan for Return Emigrants
NORKA Roots introduced a new loan for return emigrants. They releases capital subsidy of 15% of the project cost, subject to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs and interest subsidy of 3% for the first 4 years, to those beneficiaries who are regular in payment. In case of default, the benefit can be availed only if the beneficiaries clear off his/her dues. The emigrants(Pravasi) can apply for the loan through the official website of NORKA http://registernorka.net/ndprem. If you visit this site, you can see all about this scheme they were mentioned details in the Malayalam language.
NORKA DEPARTMENT PROJECT FOR RETURN EMIGRANTS (NDPREM)
- Project Administrator – Chief Executive officer of Norka Roots
- Loan Amount – Self-employed enterprises expecting capital expenditure up to Rs. 20 lakhs 15% capital subsidy (up to Rs.3 lakh).
- Who can apply: The applicants who have been working abroad for at least two years and also a group of such persons are the beneficiaries of this scheme.
- The Aim of this project: Give guidance to the entrepreneurs who come back from abroad and get a capital subsidy.
- The amount will be decided by the screening committee after the project study
Applicable areas for Loan:
- Agriculture business like (Poultry farming), dairy farming (inland fish farming, ornamental fish farming), dairy products, food processing, integrated farming, farm tourism, sheep farming, vegetable crops, floriculture, bee farming etc.)
- Trade (public trade – buying and selling, shops)
- Services (Repair Shop, Restaurants, Taxi Services, Home Stay etc.)
- Production – Small and Medium Enterprises (Pulses, Bakery products, Furniture and Wood Industry, Saloons, Paper Cups, Paper Recycling, Sandalwood, Computer parts etc.)
Important notes to Remember
- Loan available up to 20 Lakh
- 15 % of the amount will be given as subsidy (Up to 3 Lakh )
- Applicant should have Minimum 2 year employed in abroad.
Documents need to Apply
- Passport size photo in .jpg format
- Copy of passport that shows the VISA details
- Project report on the business