How to Move Apps to SD Card, Files to SD Card and Free Up the Internal Storage
If we have a smartphone, we can use it in several ways. In the case of Android devices, lots of Android applications are available for a different kind of use. Most of the good applications are available in trusted sources like Google Play Store. But we should possess enough space on our device to install the applications. Today a good percentage of smartphones are coming up with 16GB, 32GB or 64GB storage variants. Also, the 8GB internal storage devices are available in Market. If our device contains 8GB or 16GB internal Storage, we can’t install more applications for our use. Here in this situation, we can use an SD card. And Move Apps to SD Card to free up the Storage.
Most of the Smartphones storage can be expandable up to 128GB using External SD card. So we can move the files and apps to the SD card to free up the internal storage. Buy a good SD card suits for your Device then start the process for Moving files. Let’s know how to move the files to SD Card.
How to Move Apps to SD Card
In the case of Move Apps to SD Card, First of all, you should know one thing. That is; We can’t move all the apps to SD card. And also, all the Mobile Phones are not allowing to move Apps to SD Card. But some other smartphones are allowing to move files to SD card.
Follow the below steps to move an app to SD Card
- Tap on Settings to Open it > Tap on Apps menu and then tap on Storage.
- If your device allowing apps to move SD, you will see a ‘Change’ button next to Storage used: Internal shared storage.
- Tap on the Change button and choose the SD card option from the pop-up menu.
- Then it moves to another page to export the app, And it shows a warning message that “Do not Remove the SD Card During the Transfer”.
- After few minutes, the app data are successfully exported to SD card.
When you try to transfer the app to SD card, and it does not allow the process, we have another option. That is, Set SD Card As Internal Storage. Let’s know how to set SD card as Internal Storage.
The feature is named as Adoptable or Flex Storage, and it allows you to format an SD Card to act as internal storage. But not all the devices have this feature. If your device having this feature you can use it in this way.
Go to Settings > Tap on Storage, then choose the SD card then choose ‘Format as internal’.
How to move files to SD
- Go to Settings > Tap on Storage menu
- Then choose ‘Transfer data to SD card’ Option.
Maybe your device has not included this feature, you’ll need to manually move the files.
And you can opt-out another quick options that is;
Transfer files to SD card using Another Apps
You can use File Explorer apps to move the files from one location to other. ES File Explorer is the best file explorer app, you can use this app to move the files to SD Card.
Transfer files to SD card using a PC or Mac.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable
- Then open the folder to view files.
- In your Android phone, you should enable the transfer files option when connecting to a Computer. Then only shows your device folders on the computer.
- Then select and move the files to SD Card.