Malayalam Typing Apps: Here, I’m share with you two useful apps, that helps you to type malayalam easily. Varamozhi Translator app and Malayalam Keyboard for Android.
Varamozhi Malayalam Translator
Varamozhi Malayalam Translator is an offline Malayalam Transliteration App using Mozhi scheme. The majority of peoples using it because of its simplicity. Just type your content in English that means You just type Malayalam sentences in English characters (commonly we called as Manglish) and then copy/paste Malayalam Unicode text to the input control to convert square characters to Malayalam if your device doesn’t have Malayalam font. You can use this app as a direct input method that means your common keyboard.
Some easy steps to use Varamozhi Malayalam Translator.
Step 1. Enable keyboard
Home -> Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Varamozhi Transliteration
Step 2. Long press on any input box, touch Input method and select Varamozhi
Step 3. As you type, you can see transliterated Malayalam text on top of the keyboard.
Step 4. Touch Malayalam text to replace Manglish text in the input box (You might see only squares if you don’t have Malayalam font or text without complex layout, but target device will show text correctly if it supports complex layout and font)
Step 5. Touch again to replace Malayalam with Manglish in the input box
Note: When you copy or share Malayalam text to other apps, it might look as square characters if you don’t have Unicode font on your device or it does not support Unicode. But it will show correctly if the target device/app is Unicode supportable. You can test it by sending a sample text from the app to your email and view email on the desktop.
Varamozhi Translator also available in Google Play Store. It is a well-rated app and has good response. It’s all credits to Varamozhi Team for making such a great tool.
You can download Varamozhi Translator App From Google Play Store By Click Here
Malayalam Keyboard for Android
Malayalam Keyboard for Android is very fast and really useful. The main advantage of this application is, you can use this application within any application for typing malayalam.
Malayalam Keyboard for Android Features mentioned on Google Playstore
- A unique layout with 31 keys for typing Malayalam.
- Easy to learn layout – Malayalam letter keys are arranged in alphabetical order
- Quick switch to qwerty and symbol keypad
- Fully customizable symbol and Emoji Layout with built in layout Editor.
- Unicode Character Map Support
- Subject-wise word prediction feature – create word prediction list from websites and text files.
- Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list above the keyboard(turn off prediction).
- Automatic Word learning feature.
- Can also be used in devices with Android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering.
- Real-time Malayalam spell checker facility.
- 7 keyboard themes with character color,size change option.
Some easy steps to use Malayalam Keyboard for Android
Download and Install Malayalam Keyboard for Android app from Google Playstore, the Playstore link given below. Then configure the app as you like. If you want to set Malayalam Keyboard for Android app as your default keyboard, Just open the settings and goto language and Input menu, then choose Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard to set it. The usage of this Malayalam Keyboard for Android keyboard is same as other normal keyboards. If you have any doubts, all related information of this application is mentioned on Google PlayStore.
Open Settings-> Language and input ->Choose Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard.