GET BACK LOST AADHAAR CARD: Aadhaar Number is a 12 digit unique number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It includes biometric details like iris scan and fingerprints and also demographic information like date of birth and address. Aadhaar card is considered the most important identity card by the government. People can now get the card easily in a few steps as it is accepted as a mandatory document for various initiatives. In addition to this, it will help in reducing corruption since every individual carries only one unique number.
Aadhaar Card can be used to speed up government processes such as Opening Bank Accounts, Disbursing Provident Fund, Availing LPG Subsidy, ReceivingPassport in 10 days, etc. It also acts as a proof of address and identity for an individual. Therefore it is a must for everyone to get their Aadhaar Card issued. You can easily download and print an e-Aadhaar card online by visiting the Aadhaar official website https://uidai.gov.in/.
Once you receive your Aadhaar Card, you have to keep it safe. In case if you lost it, you have to go through various steps to get it reissued. Earlier, if you lost Aadhaar card, you could not get it reprinted. You had to download the e-version from the UIDAI website and present it as proof of identity which was acceptable. But now you can get your Aadhaar card reprinted by paying a nominal fee of Rs.50 (inclusive of GST and speed post charges).
Here’s a step by step instruction on how to get your lost Aadhaar card reprinted.
- Visit UIDAI’s Portal i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Under the My Aadhaar-> Get Aadhaar, select ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’
- A new tab will be opened. There you have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16-digit VID number and security code.
- If your mobile number is registered against your Aadhaar number in UIDAI’s database, then click on ‘Send OTP’. If it is not registered, then select the box to indicate this.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. This OTP will be valid only for 10 minutes.
- Enter the OTP.
- Select the box agreeing to ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- Click on Submit.
- Now verify your Aadhaar details. If your Aadhaar details reflecting on your computer screen are incorrect, you have to visit the nearest AadhaarSeva Kendra to get the details corrected.
- After the Aadhaar details are verified, click on the ‘Make Payment’ option. You will be redirected to the payment page.
- Enter the payment details. You can make the payment via credit card, debit card, Net banking or UPI. (Rs 50 will be charged for getting your Aadhaar card reprinted.)
- Now click on ‘Pay Now’.
- You can also download the acknowledgment slip that appears on your screen after the payment is done. A message will be sent to your registered mobile number with the service request number (SRN).
If your mobile number is not registered against your Aadhaar number, you will be required to enter the alternative/non-registered mobile number and click on ‘OTP’. An OTP will be sent to the alternate number using which you can proceed further.