Aadhar has become one of the most credible government documents that act as the proof of identity as well as the proof of address. Aadhar has been made mandatory for availing government subsidies under various schemes. Like Aadhar, the Driving License is also an important document, that authorizes a person to drive a particular class of vehicle in India. As per UIDAI and Central Government of India, one who have Driving License that must be linked with his/her Aadhar. With this, the government want to ensure that one person should not have more than one driving license as its valid in each and every state of the country. This article provides the guidelines for linking Aadhar with Driving License.
Road Transport Act states that one person cannot have more than one driving license. Because a driving license is valid across the country, there is no need for a different license for a different state. With the linking of Aadhar with driving license, it will eliminate fake or duplicate driving license in the country. In most of the states, you can apply for driving license online, the facility is given by the respective state-driven Road Transport Departments. So you can also link your Aadhar to Driving license by just visiting your state’s RTO’s website.
Steps for Linking Aadhar with Driving License
These are the necessary steps that help you to link Aadhar with Driving License
- First of all, go to the official site of your State/UT road transport departments
- Then, click on Link Aadhar option
- Next, select Driving License from the list
- Now you have to enter your Driving License number
- Then click on Get Details option
- After that, enter your 12 digit Aadhar number
- Then enter your mobile number that should be the registered with UIDAI
- Then click on Submit button
- Now an OTP will send to your mobile number
- Enter the OTP to complete the process