Traffic rules have changed and now Traffic fines very higher than before. The department implementing new Traffic Rules and higher fines for reducing road accidents. When we check accident rates in India, it increases every year. So recently, On September 1, 2019, our government introduced a new Motor Vehicles Act ( Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019 ) which forced to pay heavy fines for breaking the rules. You know that currently in India, traffic rules enforced by cameras in many roads. Sometimes you may violate traffic rules unknowingly and the camera has captured it. That kind of situations, there is a possibility of an e-challan gets issued. And also, enforcement officers can issue an e-challan when you violate traffic rules. Paying Traffic fines is now easy with online solutions. Today here I’m sharing how to check whether a Traffic fine ( E-challan ) is issued for your vehicle or not and how to pay it via online.
You can check an E-challan is generated for your vehicle or its status and payment via parivahan.gov.in website (E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution.). It is an Initiative of MoRTH, Government of India. Simply an E- challan is an electronic format of the challan. Usually, people paying traffic fines in offline mode. But now it easier with parivahan.gov.in website. Let’s know how to check and Pay E-challan via online.
Follow the below steps to check and pay your Traffic fines online.
- First, Visit the E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement solution website at https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in using your mobile device or PC or Laptop.
- You can see some menu options Check Challan Status, e-challan Value Indicators, e-challan Enabler, E-challan Core Benefits, What is e-challan.
- Click on Check Challan Status menu.
- You can search for challans with your Challan Number, Vehicle Number or Driving license number. Choose one of an option and enter the captcha, then click on Get Details.
- Then you can see your challan details. It is important to note that sometimes two different challans can be issued using license number and vehicle number separately. You can search to check both the details to get details of challan generated online.
- After generating your e-challan, you can click on ‘Pay Now’ to make the payment online. When the transaction is initiated, you will need to verify your mobile number with OTP sent to your number. Now you will be redirected to your state e-challan payment website.
Then, you will see a payment confirmation page. Click on ‘Proceed with Net Payment’ and select your preferred payment gateway. Here you can choose payment options like Net Banking, Card Payments and there are also other payment option like any online transactions.