WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging application that allows you to chat, call, sent photos and videos, and more with friends. Basically, WhatsApp is a mobile application that can also be used in Windows Pc. WhatsApp requires a phone number that you actually owns to start the service. Because of WhatsApp’s number verification system, it sends a verification code to confirm your mobile number registration. This contact number can be seen by anyone added in your contact list.
If you are worried about your privacy and want to use WhatsApp without the number being shown, then you have to hide WhatsApp number. Unfortunately, there is no simple way to hide your phone number on WhatsApp. The app requires your valid phone number to sign up with the service. But there are tricks you can use to hide your current phone number on WhatsApp.
Here are two of such tricks you can use to hide WhatsApp number.
1. Using Google Voice App
Although it’s not possible to hide your real phone number in WhatsApp, you can keep it private by replacing it with one number that nobody knows. You can gain a new phone number by utilizing the Google Voice app. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Download and install the Google Voice app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app.
- Sign into your Google account. Your Google Voice phone number will be connected to the account you use to sign in.
- Tap on Continue and then tap on Search.
- Now select a location for your new phone number.
- Select the phone number you want.
- Now verify your new phone number. Once it is active, you can make it your new phone number in WhatsApp.
2.Changing Your Phone Number
For this, you need to re-install WhatsApp i.e. uninstall the app and go to Play Store or App Store and then download and install WhatsApp again. Step by step instructions to replace your phone number is given below.
- Get the new phone number that you want to hide from others.
- Remove the old SIM from your phone and place it in some other phone that can receive SMS.
- Now insert your new SIM in the device.
- Re-install WhatsApp on your device.
- Go through the registration process of WhatsApp and it will ask for your phone verification.
- Now enter your old phone number.
- WhatsApp will now send an OTP to your old SIM card. Use that OTP to verify and you can now use WhatsApp with your old phone number. And thus your new phone number will be hidden from all your contacts.