How to Hide WhatsApp Images From Phone Gallery
WhatsApp is a widely used communication platform. Most of the smartphone users are using WhatsApp as their primary messenger application. WhatsApp ensures user privacy. WhatsApp messages are end-to-end encrypted. Through WhatsApp, we also send media files like images, videos etc. These contents are stored in WhatsApp folders. You can see the folders via the file manager app. You can see the WhatsApp media files in your Phone Gallery App. If you don’t want to see the WhatsApp images on your phone gallery and you want to keep it private just take this simple tips.
You can hide WhatsApp images from gallery using Filemanager app. Some Android devices having preinstalled file manager apps. But some latest devices may not contain pre-installed file manager apps. If your device does not have a file manager app, just download a file manager app from Google Play Store.
Hide WhatsApp images using File Manager
To hide WhatsApp images from Gallery, Open your file manager and then tap to open the device storage.
- You can see a list of folders there, just tap on the WhatsApp folder and open it.
- Then tap to open the media folder and go to the WhatsApp images folder.
If your Filemanager app allows you to create a new file, just create a file named ‘ .nomedia ‘. This is a hidden file, if you add this file to any folder, then the contents stored on the folder will not visible on Gallery.
- If your file manager app does not have the option to create files, just rename a file with .nomedia.
- Then check your device Gallery to ensure the WhatsApp image files are not visible there.
- If you want to view the WhatsApp images via Gallery, just go to the file manager app and move to the WhatsApp images folder and delete the .nomedia file.
- I already said that it is a hidden file, so it may be visible in the folder to delete. In this situation, check your file manager has the option to view hidden files and enable it.
- If you erase your cached data, you will not able to see those images again.
Hide WhatsApp images using Image Hider Application
Another method is, You can use a WhatsApp media hide application to hide WhatsApp media files. Lots of Image hider applications are available in Google Play Store. Here I’m sharing one of a WhatsApp image hider application. You can install it from Google Play Store. The app named Hide image, video of WhatsApp