WhatsApp is one of the most popular social media platforms. WhatsApp keeps updating its features regularly but there are still some features are missing like hiding a conversation. You can hide your whole application at once using a phone lock or app lock. But going through the process of setting up a phone lock or app lock system just for one WhatsApp chat is tiresome. You have another option in WhatsApp itself to hide your chats without deleting it. The feature is Archive chats. You can hide Whatsapp chats (both group chats and personal chats) using this feature. But this feature has a demerit which is that the archived chats will reappear when you receive a new message in that conversation. Ignoring that you can use this method to hide your secret chats from the reach of others.
You can hide WhatsApp chats (archive) by using the following steps.
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap and hold the chat which you want to hide.
- Select the archive icon that presents on the top bar.
- You will see the chat got disappeared from the chat window.
You can unarchive the chat whenever you like by the following steps.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your chat window.
- You will see an option called “Archived chats” there. Tap on it.
- When the chat appears, select unarchive icon.
You can even archive all chats on WhatsApp. To do that go to settings and tap on Chats. Tap on Chat History and then on Archive All Chats.
There are other methods to hide your conversation on WhatsApp without archiving. You have to download and install an application called “GbWhatsapp” on your Android phone. This application will allow you to have two WhatsApp account on your phone. After installing, create an account like you do on WhatsApp after installing. And then follow the steps below to hide your conversations.
- Hold on the chat that you want to hide.
- Click on the three dots present on the top right corner.
- Click on hide option.
- Then you will get a pattern lock screen. Set up a password. The chat will be hidden.
- Click on the “WhatsApp Text” placed at the top right side. Enter the correct pattern on the pattern lock and then you can see the hidden chat.