To secure our data, always we are trying to lock it. Whether online or in local storage, data security is really important. Securing accounts, we make a password security lock. Sometimes, the hacker’s trying to hack the Passwords to stole our important data. Recently there were many cases reported against password breaches, user databases leaked, users information are available online and more. Nowadays, most of people are using internet banking, Cloud storages and more online sources for our needs. We all keep these accounts are secure with a strong password. But it’s not enough, you need to check whether your account is safe or not on a regular basis. Here I’m sharing a Password Checkup Tool powered by Google to ensure our accounts are completely safe.
How to check Password Stoled or not.
Google provides the best password checkup tool that will help us to check whether our passwords are stoled or not. This is a Google Chrome extension so we need the Google Chrome browser and install this extension on your browser is important for checking. Let’s know how to install Password Checkup Tool.
- Check you are using the latest version of Google Chrome browser. If not, just update it to the latest version.
- Open Chrome Web Store
- Search for password checkup extension.
- You will get some results with this query.
- From the list Click on Password Checkup extension.
- In its detail page, you will get more details about Password Checkup extension and you can check its user reviews also.
- Click on the Add to Chrome button to add this extension to the Chrome browser.
- Then password checkup tool will notify any password breach detected.
- You can turn it on and off mode.
When you sign in to a website, the user credentials ( username and password ) you entered is an unsafe one google will send you an alert ‘ Please reset your Password ‘. If you are using the same credentials for more logins, just change it to secure your accounts. You can explore more about how password checkup tool works on Google Support Page