Google maps offline
Google map provides the most accurate and reliable mapping service. So a majority of the peoples are using Google maps. But Google maps work only in proper internet connection. And now, we can use Google maps in offline mode. I think this may useful for everyone.
Method for using Google maps offline
For using Google maps offline, You first need to download the route map of your destination place when your internet connection is active. If the area you can download is very large, that consumes a plenty of storage space from your device. These can take up to 1.5 GB, depending up on the area you choose. So there is an option for download this data to the SD card and you can simply save your internal storage. For that, Go to the Main menu then go to Offline areas next is setting and then tap on storage preferences and switch Device to SD card.
Menu > Offline Areas > Settings > Storage Preferences and switch “Device” to “SD card”.
The next important thing you should remember is that the map is expired in after 30 days. Because of our world is changing every day. The maps are dynamic and it should require updating. Day to day lots of happens in our world and it affects the navigations. So that, the search giant Google wants you to have an updated version of your maps when offline. For relax, you can also enable automatic updates of Google map. Just go to maps settings and enable the automatic updates. Also, you can set map updates only when the Wi-fi is available.
Just Follow These Easy Steps to store offline maps
- Open the Google Maps application.
- Find your destination location or area you want to download.
- If you have searched for a specific place, you can see a bar with the name at the bottom of the map. If it not seeing, just press and hold somewhere on the map and make the section show up. Then tap on it to display more options.
- Then you can tap to zoom in and out, making the download area larger or smaller.
- After making your selection hit the “Download” button in the lower-right corner.
- If your maps are downloaded you can drive and find areas as you would when online. But one thing is that not every feature is in online mode is not available in offline mode.