The search engine giant Google has provided a lot of services for free. With a Google account, we can access any Google services like Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, etc. Gmail is the most popular email provider. People secure their Google and Gmail account with a strong password. Most of the users face the situation that they forget their Gmail or Google password. It can be a huge inconvenience, especially when your account is at the center of many of your online activities. But Google providing the ways to recover the password if you providing enough security information during account registration. So google mail accounts recovery is fairly easy and straightforward. This article provides some easy tips in order to recover the forgotten Gmail password.
- Gmail’s Standard Recovery Procedure
Gmail password recovery procedure is pretty easy. Gmail provides its standard way to recover the password. To reset your forgotten Gmail password and recover access to your account, do the following steps:
- Go to Gmail Sign in page
- Click on Forgot Password
- Then, enter your email address
- Click Next
- Gmail will now ask a number of questions. It may include:
- The last password you remember
- The phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail
- A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery
- Security question for Gmail password recovery
- When you set up the account
- For recovery of password, you should be able to answer at least one of them
- If you can’t remember any of them, Click Try a different question
- After that, create a new password and confirm it. Now you can access your account again.
- Browser’s Password Manager
Most browsers will ask if you want your passwords saved when your next logging into sites. Browsers remember your password. The password field is automatically populated when you log in to your Google account. That means you can retrieve your password through your browser’s password manager. Here provide the steps to get a password in different browsers.
- In Google Chrome
Forgetting the saved password in Google Chrome, do the following steps:
- Open Google Chrome
- Then click on the three vertical dots on the top right of the screen
- Tap on Settings
- Next tap on Passwords under Autofill section
- Under saved passwords, click on the respective show password button of that you want to retrieve.
- In Mozilla Firefox
Like Google Chrome, Firefox also includes a built-in functionality to save password. For this do the following steps:
- Open Firefox
- Go to Tools menu
- Select the Privacy button
- Under the Password tab, click on View Saved Password
- Click the Show Password button
- Then navigate down to the website password you are looking for