How to Apply for Indian Passport | Fast Passport Service
Passport is a required document for people who are going to abroad. The process of getting a new passport was a delayed and expensive until recently. After the launch of the online system, now you will be able to take and renew your passport if you have a smartphone with an active internet connection. Not only for Smartphone, it also supports tablet and PC. The Fast Passport Seva Online system can help you to ease the process of applying and renewing your passport. Also, you can update your information on your passport via Passport seva website, Passport Seva App named m Passport seva developed by Consular, Passport & Visa Division Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. Here include passport renewal service, Fast Passport Application Submission process etc.
How to Apply For New Passport
You can submit an application for a new passport online via Passport Seva Online System. Passport & Visa Division Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India developed a website and mobile applications are available for submitting the application for the new passport online.
The website named Passport Seva, Click Here to Access Passport Seva Website.
The mobile application named mPassport Seva. m Passport Seva App is now available on Android, iOS, Windows and BlackBerry Platforms.
Follow these steps to apply for New Passport Online
- Applying for a new passport, first, you register with Passport Seva and create a username and password.
- After you logged in, you can see a document adviser link in the left sidebar.
- Click on the document adviser link to know the required documents for your passport (Talkal Or Normal).
- Click on the “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport” link.
- Then fill the application form with required details and submit it via online.
- Click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
- Then you need to pay the passport application fee to get an appointment.
- Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at all Passport Seva Kendras/Passport Offices.(Users can pay application fee via online using net banking/Debit Card/Credit Card (MasterCard and Visa) or Paying fee via SBI Bank Challan. But paying via challan is a time taking process.)
- Click on the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number. ( Carrying printout of Application Receipt is no longer required. An SMS with your appointment details is also accepted as proof of appointment during your visit to Passport Office. )
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) where appointment has been booked, with the required original documents.
The basic documents required for passport application include:
- Proof of Date of Birth i.e. Birth Certificate, etc
- Identity proof with photograph (to be verified by Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) Officials from the address proof and other documents)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of nationality (to be verified by Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) Officials from the supporting documents submitted).
Click here to know more about the information regarding passport application submission, Renew Passport, Update information etc.