APPLY FOR DRIVING LICENSE KERALA ONLINE: We all know that driving license is a mandatory document to drive a vehicle. Everyone should carry a valid Driving License, issued under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. In Kerala, driving licenses are being issued by the Motor Vehicles Department through its 17 Regional and 42 Sub-Regional Transport Offices. One should have proper authorization in the license to drive specific class/classes of the vehicle he intends to drive.
Depending on the type of vehicle, you have issued the driving license by the Kerala Motor Vehicles Department. Types of driving licenses one can apply for in Kerala includes motorcycles with an engine capacity of 50CC or less than 50CC, motorcycles with/without gear including scooters and mopeds, light motor vehicle for a non-transport purpose, light motor vehicle for commercial purpose, heavy goods vehicle, heavy passenger vehicle and motor vehicle of a specified description.
Eligibility Conditions for obtaining Driving License Kerala
- For driving a motorcycle without gear, a candidate must have completed 16 years of age and should obtain written consent from his parents.
- For other vehicles, you must have completed 18 years of age.
- For Transport vehicles, you should have completed 20 years of age.
- You should have a valid learner’s license (LLR).
- You should apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issuance of learners license (LLR).
- A person who is at least 20 years old and possesses a Learners License can obtain a License for driving a commercial vehicle.
- Also, you have to be well-versed with the traffic rules and regulations in all the cases.
Also Read: How to pay electricity bill online in Kerala
Required Documents for obtaining Driving License Kerala are:
- Form 1: Contains self-declaration of the physical conditions of the applicant. This form holds good for persons below 50 years and valid for non-transport vehicles.
- Form 1A: This form is valid for persons over 50 years of age. To apply for a driving license, persons falling under this category should produce a certificate from a registered medical practitioner along with the form.
- Form 2 & 3: Application form for learner’s license.
In addition to the forms above, you should also furnish an Eye Test Certificate from an ophthalmologist along with ID and address proof such as Voters id card, passport, school leaving certificate, Aadhaar card, etc.
How to apply for a driving license Kerala?
You can apply for a Driving Licence in Kerala via both online and offline processes. The steps to apply for Driving Licence online are given below.
- Go to the website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Click on ‘online services’.
- Then select ‘driving license-related services’.
- Select Kerala and then click on ‘apply online’.
- Click on ‘New Driving License’.
- Then click ‘Continue’.
- Enter all your details, upload the documents, and then upload your photograph and signature.
- Now Pay the fees online.
- An online application number will be generated. Print all forms and documents submitted.
Submit the printouts at the RTO office along with your original documents.