Air pollution increasing day by day. Motor vehicles are also a reason for air pollution. We have several limitations to controlling the pollution levels in the Environment. But we can try as we can. Many countries have opted for a standardized rule for allowed emission levels for motor vehicles. According to this rule, all motor vehicles must pass an emission test in which their emission levels must meet government-regulated emission criteria. A Vehicle Pollution Certificate or a PUC Certificate is given to a vehicle once it successfully completes the test. To make sure they can safely run on the highways without causing air pollution.
So our traffic rules are being tightened day by day. Therefore the vehicle will have to pay the fine issued without the required documents. To drive a vehicle on the public road, a driver must carry the vehicle’s insurance, pollution certificate, and driver’s license.
Also Read: How to Apply for Jio Broadband Online
The vehicle pollution certificate can be downloaded online through the official portal.
How to download a pollution certificate online
- Visit official website of Ministry of Road Transport – www.parivahan.gov.in.
- Next, choose the option online services. All online vehicle-related services can be found here.
- Select the PUC option at the bottom. Now if you see a pop-up box, you can close it and enter.
- You do not need to log in to your account to print the vehicle’s pollution certificate.
- Instead, select the PUC Certificate option at the top. Then type in the vehicle registration number and chassis number. Type the security code. And then click on the PUC Details option.
Now you can see the pollution certificate of your vehicle. Here you can see all the details and photos of the vehicle. It contains information including your vehicle number plate. You can also see the date and validity of the certificate. Other vehicle-related details may also be provided.