Download Aadhaar Card Online using UIDAI Website: Aadhaar is the most valuable thing every Indian citizen carried with them. It is one of the most important documents used for identification purposes in India. So every Indian holds his/her unique identification Aadhaar card. The Supreme Court in its verdict declared that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid. According to the verdict, Aadhaar is mandatorily required to be linked with PAN, provide details while filing income tax returns (ITR), and avail government subsidies. After that, the Cabinet has approved the amendments where Aadhaar can be used voluntarily by banks and telecom companies to authenticate new customers.
Aadhaar contains your biometric information and it used for authentication purposes. If you lost your Aadhaar card, You can download the same from the official website UIDAI.GOV.IN. Here I’m sharing with you the step-by-step instructions. But you should update your mobile number with Aadhaar.
Download Aadhaar Card Online via UIDAI Website
- Visit www.uidai.gov.in.
- In its home page, you can see an option My Aadhaar.
- Under the heading of Get Aadhaar, you can see some links such as Locate an Enrolment Center, Check Aadhaar Status, Download Aadhaar, Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID, Order Aadhaar Reprint.
- Click on the Download Aadhaar option. It will redirect you to a new page.
- Here, you need to enter your Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID or Virtual ID.
- After entering that you need to fill the captcha.
- Next, click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP.
- When you click on send OTP, you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Just enter the OTP and complete the authentication process to download the e-Aadhaar.
- Now you can download an electronic copy of your Aadhaar. It will be available in a password-protected PDF file.
Also Read: How to block credit card or Debit Card when it lost/Stolen
If you are not added your mobile number with Aadhaar, you need to go to the nearest enrolment center and complete the process. Don’t forget to carry another identification document like PAN or Driving license etc.