WhatsApp Messenger is a free messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to let you message and call your friends, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call. There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp. Its ability to connect quickly with your friends and its regularly updated features make it the most popular social networking site. In order to use WhatsApp, one needs a smartphone, a stable internet connection as well as a mobile number. But the fact is that you can even create WhatsApp account now using your landline number and can connect to your contacts.
In order to use your landline number as your WhatsApp number, first of all, you have to download and install the app on to your smartphone, tablet or any other WhatsApp compatible device. Then follow the steps given below.
Follow the Steps below to Create Whatsapp Account Now using a Landline number.
- Open WhatsApp.
- The WhatsApp will ask you to select your country and to enter your 10 digits mobile number. You can also enter your landline number.
- The app will then try to verify your number by SMS method. As you will be adding your landline number, you will not receive any message. You then wait for the verification by SMS to fail. After about 5 minutes verification by SMS will fail. Now you will be presented with an option “Call me”.Click on the Call Me option to get a call from WhatsApp to your landline number.
- Now you will receive a call on your landline number. An automated voice will repeat your 6 digit verification code numerous time so that you don’t miss any number. Note down the number.
- Enter the verification code into the WhatsApp.
- Once the verification is complete, you are ready to use WhatsApp in your landline number.
WhatsApp has also launched its Business app last year, which gives standard messaging services a new dimension. The company offered businesses a more secure way to communicate. It also gave small business owners an opportunity to set up their WhatsApp account using a landline number instead of a mobile number. Using WhatsApp with a landline number can be quite a difficult task when adding contacts manually. But it will more secure and offers greater privacy. To use the WhatsApp’s Business app, all you need is a smartphone, tablet or other devices compatible with WhatsApp and a working landline connection. Once you have all the basic requirements, download and install the WhatsApp business app on your device. Then follow the above steps to start using the app.