How to book train tickets using the IRCTC website and mobile app: We know that, To stop spreading coronavirus, all the public transport systems including train services are closed in India from March. And the Train services resumed from May 12. Now, people are able to book train tickets. The Indian government and Ministry of Railways has announced train services are resume from May 12. Also in the case of passenger train services, that will resume after a gap of close to 50 days. At this time, the train tickets are only available to book online. You can book train tickets via IRCTC website and mobile app.
As per the announcement, this time a total of 15 pairs of trains will start from New Delhi and these trains have limited stations. It will stop at Dibrugarh, Agartala, Howrah, Patna, Bilaspur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Secunderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madgaon, Mumbai Central, Ahmedabad, and Jammu Tawi and return to New Delhi.
Also Read: HOW TO APPLY FOR DRIVING LICENSE KERALA ONLINE
As I already said, train tickets are only available to book online. It’s not available to book through the station counter. And also, the passengers with only confirmed tickets will be permitted to enter the railway station. Let’s know how to book train tickets using IRCTC.
Book train tickets using IRCTC Website
- Open the IRCTC website and log in using IRCTC registered username and password. If you are not registered with IRCTC, just register and create an id.
- After logging in, enter your destination station and arrival station details and search for the available trains.
- Next, choose the trains and select the AC class (currently sleeper or general bogies are not available with these trains).
- Then enter your name, age, sex, and other necessary details and make payment.
- After making payment, the procedure for the train ticket will be complete.
IRCTC Rail Connect
IRCTC Rail Connect is the official mobile application of IRCTC to book train tickets, search for trains, PNR inquiry, and more. Currently, this application is available in Google Play Store with good user reviews. Through the Plan My Journey tab, you can search for trains. Just choose the from, to stations,and departure date (Only available from May 17 ) and tap on the Search Trains button. Then it will show the available trains.
Note: For trains canceled till 17th May 2020 by Indian Railways, all refunds will be provided automatically. Users need not cancel their e-tickets. The full fare will be credited back into the user’s account from which payment was made.