Android operating system is very flexible to its users. So we have available lots of good Android applications for making our tasks easier. Now, here I’m sharing an app for backup SMS messages. When our Android device needs a factory reset, at that time you may have important SMS messages in your inbox. After factory reset, all of your data within your phone memory will be empty. Because after factory reset all of the existing data in phone memory deleted permanently. And it’s very difficult to backup after factory reset. Most of the times it is not possible. So if you want any important documents, you should backup your data before factory reset.
Lots of good options are available for backing up the data in Android phones. Most of them are done via the Cloud storage so that the content can get back easily, but backing up your SMS inbox needs the help of third-party tools. But if you check this in Google Play Store you may confused, because lots of apps are available for SMS message backup in play store.
For that, you can use a good app named SMS Backup and Restore developed by Carbonite. The app is currently available on Play store with good user reviews.
- First, You need to download and install the app on your phone.
- Then set up the app with your preference. Means, Setup the backup option.
- Two options are available, One is for Messages and another one is for Call logs.
- You can tap to choose the option you want., If you want to back up your SMS messages only, Just tap to disable the backup option for Call logs.
- If you want to backup MMS or selected conversations, an advanced option is available for that. Just tap on the Advanced option and choose it and tap on Next.
- You can see three options for store the messages Google Drive, Dropbox, and phone memory. But they do not recommend phone memory.
- If you don’t want to access the Google Drive or Dropbox just tap on the phone memory for backup as well.
- Also, you can setup backup schedule. If you don’t want that, just turn off it.
With this app, you can easily restore the backup of your Android phone’s SMS messages.
- For that, Just tap on the menu on the top left side of the app and choose to restore the backup.
- Then choose the location you stored the backup data. Local backup/ Google Drive/ Dropbox. And restore it.