How to Apply PAN Card Online
PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card is an important document for making financial transactions. The Income Tax Department in India were issuing PAN card. PAN number is a 10-digit alphanumeric identity allotted by the Income-tax department India to an individual or company. We can apply PAN card through Offline and Online mode. In the case of Online application submission, you can do it through the NSDL Portal or UTIITSL Portal. The charges for applying for PAN is Rs. 93 (Excluding Goods and Services Tax) for Indian communication address and Rs. 864 (Excluding Goods and Services Tax) for foreign communication address. Here in this article explains how to apply PAN card online.
Anyone can apply PAN card online. It’s really easy. Just follow some easy steps to do it.
- Visit NSDL website through the link mentioned below
NSDL Website Link
- Then you can see the application form. The required fields are mentioned below.
- Application Type ( If applying for new pan card, choose New PAN – Indian citizen ( Form 49A )
- Category (The applicant needs to choose the category from the select box : individual , association of persons, body of individuals, company, trust,limited liability partnership,firm,government,Hindu undivided family, Artificial juridical person, Local authority)
- Last Name, First Name, and Middle Name ( Note: Applicant should fill your surname before your first name. because, on the PAN card, your name will appear in the series of ‘First name Surname’. )
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
After you enter the details, click submit button to submit the form. Then you will receive a 15-digit acknowledgment number. Also, you should save and print the acknowledgment page.
Note: The charges for applying for PAN is Rs. 93 (Excluding Goods and Services Tax) for Indian communication address and Rs. 864 (Excluding Goods and Services Tax) for foreign communication address. Applicants can make the fee payment by using credit/debit card, demand draft or net-banking. After the payment is accepted, the applicant is required to send the supporting documents through courier/post to NSDL/UTITSL. Only the receipt of the documents, PAN application would be processed by NSDL/UTITSL Portal.