Recently, Bharati Airtel and Reliance Jio rolled out wi-fi calling service in India. We know that lots of people are suffering from network connection issues. Voice over WiFi is beneficial for the users because it keeps users connected even without a mobile signal. The customers can be able to make/receive calls using a WiFi connection. Bharati Airtel claims that Airtel is the first telecom company that makes the service live across India. After that, Reliance Jio has also announced free voice and video calls over any Wi-Fi networks, anywhere in India. Airtel Wifi calling has also no additional charge for making calls.
But the thing is, this wifi calling service is not available on all phones. So you need to check your device supported for this service. If it supported, then enable wifi calling service in your device. Below I will share with you the step by step instructions to enable wifi calling service in your Android device.
In the case of Android devices, the different smartphone makers added this feature under different Settings options. So just follow this to check your device wifi calling is there. Samsung smartphone users can follow these steps to activate the service.
- Open ‘Settings’ in your smartphone
- Then Tap on ‘Connections’ Option
- Now, check for the option ‘Wi-Fi Calling’ and tap the toggle icon Switch On Wi-Fi Calling.
- Also, the VoLTE switched on as well for the best experience.
Airtel announced that this Wifi calling service is now available in over 100 smartphones for its customers. So Let’s check the list of phones compatible with this facility:
- All Apple phones including iPhone 6S and above.
- Samsung S10, Samsung S10e, Samsung M20
- Samsung J6, Samsung A10s, Samsung On6, Samsung M30s
- OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, POCO F1, etc.
Just remind these; This Airtel Wifi calling facility is only available in India now. So this service is not supported to make international wifi calls or roaming calls in a foreign country.